Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Self Defense Tips - Removing Target Areas

In my last post, I pointed out some generalizations that "usually" hold true.

The first was: "The easiest way to avoid being struck is to remove the target."

I believe that self defense, geared for women, should always start out with natural and instinctive movements.

I am going to share a couple of videos that will help you to understand what I mean by "removing your targets." In this first video, don't pay attention to anything regarding punching or blocking. Simply pay attention to the movement of the head, waist and legs. Notice that it doesn't take much movement to avoid being struck in the head.

Also, you may get an idea of how easy it is to use your imagination, or to construct simple training aids to assist you in learning these concepts.

I'll be right back with another nice video that I found. It illustrates how turning your waist will cause body strikes to be missed and deflected into space, which allows you to get away or even strike an attacker while he is off balance. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment